Friday, January 2, 2009

Turkish Get Ups

Workout 2 January 2009:
As many turkish get ups (16kg kettlebell) as possible in 20 minutes, alternating arms

Results: 25
Previous best: 19 (20 Dec 08)

The turkish get up is quickly becoming one of my favorite exercises since, although it emphasizes the shoulder, it effectively works every single major muscle group and is pretty brutal on the core. The last time I did this workout was only two weeks ago, so I was very pleased with a 30% improvement. Most of that is attributable to better technique rather than pure strength gains. Once I can bang out 30 of these in 20 minutes, I'll up the weight to 24kg.

Check out some of Jeff Martone's stuff over at http://www.tacticalathlete.com for some great info about kettlebell exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment