Monday, January 12, 2009

AMRAP

Workout 12 January 2009:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
Run 400m
15 L-Pull-ups
15 Hip extensions

Results: 4 rounds (runs on treadmill at 1% incline)

This is another new workout for me, so I have nothing for comparison. I was hoping for 4-5 rounds, so I'm reasonably pleased with the results. I spent the most time on the L-pull-ups, having to break them up into sets of 4-8 reps. Improving my strength there would easily allow me to do another full round. It bothers me a bit that I shortchange myself on the range of motion of the pull-ups. Normally, I go from full arm extension to chin over the bar. When doing L-pull-ups for speed or high volume, I do not go to full arm extension (aside from the first rep of any set). This will need to be a targeted area of improvement.

I also could have bought some extra time by doing the runs a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment