Saturday, January 3, 2009

Double Unders and Sit Ups

Workout 3 January 2009

Time for 50-40-30-20-10 rep rounds of:
Double unders
Sit Ups (USAF style)

Results: 13'40
Previous best: 18'07 (8 Mar 08)

I used to hate double unders (like jumping rope except the rope spins around you twice for each jump) because I could barely do them. It wasn't until mid 2008 when I could actually do 2-3 consecutive DUs. Something just "clicked" over the past month or two, and now I can do upwards of 20 DUs in a row. The 25% decrease in workout time definitely shows this. The biggest thing I need to work on now is controlling my breathing since I tend to hold my breath during multiple consecutive DUs. Never a good idea. I've also made progress, becoming less fatigued, with sit ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment