Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sprints

Workout 15 January 2009:

Four rounds, each for time, of:
800m run

Results: 4'27 / 3'52 / 3'56 / 3'50 with 3-4 minutes rest between

Most of my workouts involving running are done with a treadmill, but if I am only running, I either use an indoor track or go outside, depending on the weather. Today I ran on a two lane track at my gym, no lane markings, 18 laps per 800m. Unfortunately, some old woman decided to jog on the track when I was about 100m into my first run. She was very unclear on the concept of how to share and would repeatedly get in my way as I was trying to pass her. After lapping her about 10 times, she finally started to understand the concept of sharing. Hence, a very poor first 800m time. The next three efforts were better, but not fast as they should be since there was still the difficulty and added effort of passing the old woman.

I can run a 5K on an indoor track in about 23 minutes. That breaks down to about 3'40 per 800m. Since these runs were sprints, so to speak, I should be running them in at most, about 3'30.

Bottom line, I'll wait to see what I can do on an empty track.

No comments:

Post a Comment