Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Thin Blue Line

Workout 31 July 2010:

"The Thin Blue Line"

Ten rounds for time of:
7 Cleans, 95lbs
20 Wallballs, 20lb ball
1 Muscle-up

Results: 37'28
Previous best: none

Today's workout was one designed by CrossFit Confluence to honor Pennsylvania State Trooper Paul G. Richey who was killed on 13 January 2010 while responding to a domestic disturbance call. The rep scheme was based on Trooper Richey's badge number, 7201.

This workout easily ranks in the top 5 most painful workouts I've done. If I were doing this workout at home, I'd probably scale to 5-6 rounds. However, with everyone's encouragement at CFC as well as keeping in mind the reason for the workout, I was able to finish it without any scaling. If I'm feeling masochistic, I might up the clean weight to 105lbs next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment