Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weighted Chins

Workout 17 July 2010:

Weighted Chin-ups 5-5-5-5-5

Results: 20-27.5-27.5-30-32.5lbs
Previous best: 5x5 @ 32.5lbs (2 Jun 09)

Since it's been so long since I did any weighted pull-ups or chin-ups, my goal was to work up to 32.5lbs which I did about one year ago. The pull-ups actually went better than I thought and with some extra pull-up work, I should easily be able to do another 5x5 of 32.5lbs, if not more.

If you're not strong enough to do weighted chin-ups, there are a number of ways you can do self-assisted pull-ups or chin-ups. If your gym has a gravitron machine, you can use that to easily adjust how much of your weight is supported. If you have heavy-duty resistance bands, you can loop those around a pull-up bar and your foot for support. If you have neither, this video offers a few ideas to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment