Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thrust and Sit

Workout 14 July 2010:

Three rounds for time of:
85lb barbell Thruster, 15 reps
30 Sit-ups (Abmat)

Results: 10'15
Previous best: none

When people ask me what I like to do for "cardio," I tell them "lift heavy things quickly." This is an example of one of those types of workouts. The thruster weight is scaled back to one at which I can do all of the reps each round in one or two sets. Since thrusters place a reasonable demand on the core (more at heavier weights), I added some extra stimulus by throwing in the sit-ups. Again, pick a number of sit-ups that you can complete in 1-2 sets per round. The goal is to keep moving, rather than repeatedly go to failure. Next time, I'll probably up the thruster weight to 95lbs and add on a few sit-ups. Ideally, I'd like to do GHD sit-ups instead, but don't have the equipment at home to do them. I also want to break 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment