Saturday, July 24, 2010

Walk in the Park

Workout 24 July 2010:

25 Dumbbell cleans
Farmer's walk, 300m
25 Dumbbell swings
25 One-armed DB OHS, alternating
Farmer's walk, 300m
25 Pull-ups
25 Dumbbell push-jerks
Farmer's walk, 300m
25 Burpees
Farmer's walk, 300m

Results: 31'20, 25lb dumbbell(s)
Previous best: none

This grueling workout was courtesy CrossFit Confluence. Usually we're told what the workout of the day will be a few minutes prior to starting. Today we were only told what to do a step at a time. We started out at the gym, then after the cleans, carried our dumbbells about 300m away to the park where the second instructor gave us the next tasks. Then, back to the gym, etc.

The most difficult part of this workout was the grip strength required for the Farmer's walks. I had to stop several times during each walk, albeit briefly, to set down the weights so I didn't drop them. I originally planned to use a pair of 30lb dumbbells, but there was only one available, so I had to use the 25lbs. Although I'm glad I used a lighter weight for the walks, I would have preferred to go heavier with the cleans, swings, squats, and push jerks.

Best part of the workout was the random guy telling us "God give you strength" each time we passed him on his porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment