Monday, July 5, 2010

Elizabeth

Workout 5 July 2010:

"Elizabeth"
Time for 21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 95lbs
Ring dips

Results: 17'52
Previous best: 16'50 (24 Dec 09)

I'm always cautious with this workout since it's what started my back problems, though it really wasn't the cause. I decided to stay at the same weight as the last time I did it back in December. I was hoping to get about the same time knowing that my cleans would be stronger and faster while the ring dips would cause more trouble. The cleans did go well since they're now less than 50% of my 1RM. As predicted, the ring dips really slowed me down and after the first set, I could do no more than 4-6 in a row. By working on my chest and tricep strength, I should see a significant improvement in time on this workout.

High rep cleans are very demanding, so be sure to appropriately scale the weight. The full version of "Elizabeth" uses 135lb cleans. Scale both the weight, as well as the type of clean (power clean, hang clean, or hang-power clean) as needed. If you don't have rings, substitute 1-2 bar dips for each ring dip as able.

No comments:

Post a Comment