Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mini "RJ"

Workout 13 July 2010:

Mini "RJ"
Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
10 Pull-ups (strict)
15 Push-ups

Results: 29'54
Previous best: none

This is a new CrossFit hero workout (see below) that I scaled down considerably from its true form. A real "RJ" is five rounds of run 800 meters, 5 ascents of a 15ft rope climb, and 50 push-ups. Since I'm still trying to get back to my pre-back injury level of fitness and also since I lack a climbing rope at home, I scaled the workout to something I thought I could complete in about 20-30 minutes. Next time, I should be able to go up to the full 800 meters and increase the number of push-ups per round to at least 25. I'll also either increase the number of strict pull-ups or do towel pull-ups to better simulate a rope climb.

This workout is named after Veteran LAPD officer and United States Marine Corps Reservist Sergeant Major Robert J Cottle, 45, was killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol in Southern Afghanistan on Wednesday, March 24, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment