Friday, July 2, 2010

Squat Pull Jump

Workout 2 July 2010:

Rounds in 12 minutes of:
135 pound Front squat, 5 reps
10 Chest to bar Pull-ups
20 Double-unders

Results: 3 rounds + 5+6 reps (strict pull-ups)
Previous best: none

New workout today with a nice mix of strength work, gymnastics, and metabolic conditioning. The squats were relatively easy and I used the lighter weight to work on form. I'm still having a hard time getting good spine extension and need to work on keeping my elbows up. The pull-ups slowed me down the most as I had to break up each round after the first into sets of 2-4 reps. I can't do kipping pull-ups at my home gym, so I'm stuck doing strict pull-ups. The double-unders went surprisingly well for not having done them in awhile. I've been hitting myself in the back of my head recently with the rope, but didn't run into that trouble today. I was also able to consistently get 10-15 jumps in a row. My goal next time will be to complete at least four rounds. As long as I continue to work on the pull-ups, this should be easily achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment