Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Deadlifts

Workout 29 June 2010:

Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5

Results: 235-235-245-255-260lbs
Previous best: 185-205-235-255-275lbs (9 Apr 09)

Since my back has been behaving recently, I decided to take a gamble and do a set of heavy deads. Even though I didn't beat my previous max 5x5 weight, this workout was the most TOTAL weight I've lifted doing a 5x5. By the last set, my back was a bit sore, but I should recover quickly. I will continue to do deads somewhat sparingly, but each time, I plan to make small improvements in both my max and my total weight lifted.

2 comments:

  1. Diesel Dave, these are impressive Dead Lift weights for someone of your size.. I'm jealous, next Chili Dogs are on me (Alison and Dan can come to)

    Dave Crossfit Tysons Corner, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, can't say no to that. Hopefully I'll get out to D.C. sometime soon, especially since I'm now two hours closer. Hope your training is going well.

    ReplyDelete