Thursday, June 24, 2010

OSH and Pull-Ups

Workout 24 June 2010:

Time for 15-12-9 reps of:
95 pound Overhead squat
Chest to bar pull-ups

Results: 24'21 (pull-ups strict)
Previous best: none

This is the first workout in my new home gym and to celebrate, I did a workout with two skills that were difficult to do in my previous basement gym. I now have a rubber floor mat which allows me to do heavier overhead squats since I can now safely drop the weight. I also bought a door-frame pull-up bar so I'm no longer stuck doing pincer-grip pull-ups on a rafter.

The OHS slowed me down the most and I had to break up each round into sets of 3-5 reps with moderate rest between sets. This is definitely a skill that I will need to (and now can) practice to improve shoulder support strength and core stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment