Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Squat K2E Swing

Workout 28 July 2010:

For time:
185lb Back squat, 20 reps
40 Knees to elbows
60 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood

Results: 16'02
Previous best: none

It feels like I haven't done squats in ages, so today's workout was a welcome return to one of my favorite exercises. I chose a squat weight that would allow me to do the 20 reps in 3-4 sets. The knees to elbows were difficult as usual, and I had to break those up into sets of 4-8 reps. I initially thought about using a 1 pood (16kg) kettlebell for the swings, but decided to go for a challenge and use the 1.5 pood (24kg) kettlebell. I surprised myself by doing all the swings in only three sets. I'm aiming to beat the 15-minute mark next time.

Knees to elbows are an unusual, but very effective core exercise. You simply grab a pull-up bar (any grip works, but I use a standard pull-up grip) and then touch your knees to your elbows, as the name suggests. If you can't do many of these, try just tucking your knees as close to your chest as possible and then gradually increase your range of motion as you gain strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment