Monday, July 19, 2010

Deconstructed "Angie"

Workout 19 July 2010:

Ten rounds for time of:
5 Pull-ups (strict)
5 Ring dips
10 Sit-ups (Abmat)
10 Squats

Results: 20'15
Previous best: none

This workout is a modification of another workout I often do called "Angie" which is 100 pull-ups, then 100 push-ups, then 100 sit-ups, then 100 squats. Instead of doing each exercise straight through, I broke it up into ten rounds. Since "Angie" uses kipping pull-ups which I can't do at home, I changed it to half the number of strict pull-ups. I also swapped push-ups for ring dips simply for something different. I was doing well until the later rounds when fatigue set in for both the pull-ups and ring dips and I had to break up the reps into sets of 3 and 2 reps with a small break in-between. Next time, I'd like to break the 20-minute mark while increasing the pull-ups and dips to 6-7 reps per round.

Scale the workout by adjusting the reps per round, or number of rounds. Pull-ups can be assisted or done as chin-ups while ring dips can be swapped for bar dips or (modified) push-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment