Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pull and Press

Workout 7 December 2010:

Five rounds for time of:
1 Shoulder Press, 135lb
3 L-sit Pull-ups
1 Shoulder Press, 135lb
5 Strict Pull-ups
1 Shoulder Press, 135lb
7 Kipping Pull-ups

Results: 12'30
Previous best: none

Today's workout was at CrossFit Confluence. The shoulder press weight was chosen to be approximately 85-90% of one's 1RM and 135lbs falls at about 85% of my recently set 1RM of 155lbs. The shoulder press got very difficult by the fourth round and during the fifth round, it was a struggle to complete the lift, though I never failed once. The L-sit pull-ups went reasonably well and the kipping pull-ups were easy, but the strict pull-ups proved to be the most difficult part of this workout. By the third round, I was breaking them up into sets of three and two. I was hoping for a sub-15 minute time, so I'm happy with today's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment