Thursday, December 23, 2010

Deck the Halls with Bells of Kettle

Workout 23 December 2010:

Four rounds for time of:
30 Kettlebell swings
20 One-handed* kettlebell snatch
10 One-handed* kettlebell OHS
* Alternate hands each round
(All with 1 pood (16kg) kettlebell)

Results: 15'37
Previous best: none

Today's workout was at CrossFit Confluence. Another Christmas workout, though not quite as painful as yesterday's. It's been awhile since I've done a good kettlebell workout, especially since the standards were set high by Coach Ben back in Cleveland. The swings went well and I only broke them up into two sets. I was also able to develop an efficient rhythm for the snatches, so those too went well. The hardest part of the workout, despite the fewest reps, were the overhead squats. I still have a problem with flexibility which throws me off balance a bit and prevents me from squatting as low as I'd like with each rep. I had to break these up into two or three sets per round.

No comments:

Post a Comment