Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nate

Workout 7 September 2010:

"Nate"
Rounds in 20 minutes:
2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 1.5-Pood Kettlebell swings

Results: 9 rounds + 2 MUs
Previous best: 7 rounds + 2,4 (45lb DB swings, 20 Sep 09)

Second PR in a row! I knew going in I would be able to beat my previous score, even using a heavier weight for the swings. I suprised myself though by starting a 10th round. Looking back, my previous score was limited by shoulder strength in the HSPUs. This was again the case as I was able to bang out the muscle-ups and kettlebell swings. I started doing all four HSPU in a row, but broke them up into two sets of two starting round three. With further improvements in shoulder strength, I should be able to add on another round or two relatively easily.

This workout is in honor of Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy who was killed in February 2008 during combat operations in Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment