Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hopper

Workout 8 September 2010:

Three rounds for time of:
15 Mountain Climber Pull-ups
21 Ring dips
50 Squats

Results: 20'48
Previous: 19'45 (10 Towel pull-ups, 12 Jan 10)

No PR today. I fatigued quickly during the pull-ups and ring dips due to yesterday's demanding workout. Last time I did towel pull-ups to best simulate climbing a rope. Since I don't have a towel I can wreck, I chose the next best substitute, Mountain Climber pull-ups with a medially-facing grip. I had to break these up into sets of 2-5. The ring dips were equally difficult and I split each round of 21 reps into four sets. I did the full 50 squats unbroken each round. Next time, I will probably add a few pull-ups and hope to decrease my time by a minute or two.

Mountain Climber pull-ups can be done with any hand position (pull-up, chin-up, or with palms facing medially). They are similar to a normal pull-up, except your head/chin alternates going to the left and right with each pull. At the top of each pull, your face should be directly in front of either hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment