Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let's Roll

Workout 11 September 2010:

"Let's Roll"
In honor of those lost nine years ago:

Four rounds (one for each downed plane) for time of:
9 Burpees
11 Pull-ups
1 Deadlift (225lbs)
While wearing 20lb weighted vest.

Results: 7'21
Previous best: none

Today's workout was done at CrossFit Confluence and was to honor all those lost nine years ago and the heroes who emerged in the tragedy. The weighted vest made the burpees and pull-ups significantly harder than if done without. However, the worst part of wearing the vest is not being able to breathe as easily with the extra weight on my chest. This was the closest I've come to wanting to throw up in awhile. I easily could have gone heavier on the deadlift, but would have been difficult logistically at the gym with so many people doing this workout. Regardless, I'm happy with my time and felt like I gave a worthy effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment