Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fight Gone Bad

Workout 25 September 2010:

"Fight Gone Bad"
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round after which there is a one-minute break before repeating. Each rep (or calorie on the rower) is one point.

Results: 84+66+69 = 219
Previous best: 86+77+80 = 243 (24 Nov 08)

Today's workout was at CFC. I haven't done FGB in almost two years when I used to do it at a regular gym. Although my best score from two years ago is higher than today's, only part of that was actually being more fit. There were also a number of differences based on the limitations imposed by doing the workout at a big commercial gym that favored a higher rep count. The wall-balls were done with a 15lb ball, the box jump was probably 16-18", and I think I gave myself a few extra seconds to get to the rower since it was away from everything else. It's also worth mentioning, though I don't know what significance it played, that instead of the above order, I started each round on the deadlifts.

Regardless of the past scores, I gave 100% in this workout. I hope to reach 250 next time I attempt FBG.

No comments:

Post a Comment