Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sprints

Workout 23 April 2009:

Four rounds, each for time of:
800m run

Results: 3'00 / 3'04 / 3'23 / 3'20
Previous best: 4'27 / 3'52 / 3'56 / 3'50 (15 Jan 09)

Although these times are significantly faster than my previous best, it does not accurately reflect an overall improvement in fitness. The last time I did this workout, I did it on a two-lane, 50m wooden track that was occupied by a woman who was not familiar with sharing. As a result, I was in the outside lane for a good portion of the run, meaning those times on 15 Jan were representative of a distance greater than 800m. Today's runs were a legitimate 800m on an unoccupied, NCAA track. I also rested 5-7 minutes between efforts compared to 3-4 minutes on the last attempt. I'm curious to see what improvements I can make next time by repeating today's conditions.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
When a guy (Alex) asked what to do about his balls hurting after squats:

"Alex, buddy, you're on your own here. Unless we get some other input. My balls haven't hurt since 1973, when I learned how to finish what I started."

No comments:

Post a Comment