Monday, April 13, 2009

Double Unders and Sit Ups

Workout 13 April 2009:

Time for 50-40-30-20-10 rep rounds of:
Double unders
Sit Ups (Abmat)

Results: 14'40
Previous best: 13'40 (3 Jan 09)

The one minute increase in workout time compared my previous best is due to two reasons. First, I didn't go full intensity on the sit ups to make sure I didn't hurt my back. Fortunately, I'm almost to the point where I should be able to do body weight exercises at full intensity. Second, I did Abmat sit ups instead of USAF style like last time. USAF sit ups have a smaller range of motion than those done on an Abmat. Because of this, today's sit ups took longer to do, and were a bit more difficult, so I fatigued faster and needed to take more breaks. The double unders went about as well as last time. I was able to string up to about 15 in a row several times.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
In response to a question about eating raw eggs:

"Let's stop a second to consider where eggs come from: they emerge from a chicken's feathery, unkempt, unpampered ass."

No comments:

Post a Comment