Friday, April 24, 2009

Front Squats

Workout 24 April 2009:

Front squat, five sets of three reps

Results: 115, 115, 135, 135, 135lbs

I am not including a previous best because I was not working to set a PR. My back is getting much better, so I didn't want to risk injury by going heavy. Instead, I focused on form. I went full depth (A2A, ass to ankles), squatted slowly, stopped at the bottom instead of using rebound, and focused on driving up with the hamstrings and hips.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"If you want to look like a bodybuilder, that's fine with me. That is a matter for you to discuss with your God and your psychologist. But even a bodybuilder is a novice strength trainee until he's an intermediate. The fastest way to gain muscular bodyweight, the supposed goal of a bodybuilder, is with a linear progression on the basic barbell exercises. And 5s are the way this progression works best."

No comments:

Post a Comment