Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back Squat

Workout 14 April 2009:

Back Squat, five sets of three reps

Results: 185-195-205-215-225lbs
Previous best: 215-225-235-245-255lbs (21 Mar 08)

My back felt pretty good going into today's workout, so I decided to go moderately heavy. The squats felt heavy since it's been so long since I've done any respectable weight, but they went without a problem.

Unfortunately, as I was picking up a one pound box of oatmeal later in the day, I managed to throw my back out again. I'm not sure how much more recovery I just bought myself. I threw lots of ice, NSAIDs, and some poor attempts at self-massage at it right away, so we'll see what kind of shape I'm in tomorrow.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Baby mammals drink milk, and you sir, are a baby mammal."

No comments:

Post a Comment