Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pull-ups and Dips

Workout 22 April 2009:

Ten rounds for time of:
10 Pull-ups
10 Ring dips

Results: 18'15
Previous best: none

This is a new workout, so I have nothing for comparison. I went in expecting to finish in under 15 minutes, but the dips just destroyed me today. I was only able to do the full 10 dips in a row for three rounds before I needed to break them up into sets. I didn't anticipate quite how difficult this workout was going to be. Can't wait to do it again.

Ring dips require more assistance from the lats for stabilization than regular bar dips. Since your lats are the prime movers in pull-ups, the combination of these two exercises back to back lead to fatigue very quickly.

If you don't have rings, substitute 20 regular bar dips for each of the sets of 10 ring dips.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Any idiot can get on a treadmill and watch TV and then take great pride in the fact they've exercised."

No comments:

Post a Comment