Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pull-Ups

Workout 18 April 2009:

10 round for time of:
3 Weighted pull-ups, 25lb dumbbell held in ankles
7 Kipping pull-ups

Results: 16'50
Previous best: 21'55 (2 Feb 09)

I'm very happy with today's workout since it was a nearly 25% improvement from last time. Just like last time, I started out doing the weighted pull-ups with a standard pull-up grip (pronated, or palms away) but switched to a chin-up grip (supinated, palms facing in) in round four. The kipping pull-ups were all done with the standard grip and without any added weight. If I had not done pull-ups in yesterday's workout, I probably would have added a few strict pull-ups per round as I mentioned I would last time. Next time I will definitely add two or three strict pull-ups per round.

In addition to my regular warm-up, I did a one-mile warm up and a one-mile cool down on a recumbent bike.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"I strongly advise against intentionally farting while moving heavy weights. Sometimes, especially under those circumstances, farts have a solid center."

No comments:

Post a Comment