Friday, April 17, 2009

Lynne

Workout 17 April 2009:

"Lynne"
Five rounds for maximum reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

Results: 49 bench press at 150lbs, 55 pull-ups (strict)
Previous best: 50 bench press at 140lbs*, 49 pull-ups (strict) (22 Nov 08)

I alternate between two versions of this workout. As done today, I do strict pull-ups. The other version uses kipping pull-ups. Today's workout went very well and I'm happy with a rather substantial improvement in both movements. Back in November, I was about the same body weight as I am today (just a pound or two lighter) but only benched 140lbs as a result of my barbell and 45lb weights being a combined 10lbs lighter than they should be. Now that I have my new bar and plates, I benched a true 150lbs, and I did only one less rep compared to last time. I'm also happy with my 10% improvement in pull-ups.

When doing Lynne, rest as long as needed between exercises. I usually complete this workout in about 30 minutes.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"You must wear socks or workout pants on the Dead Lifts. We don't want your DNA on the barbell."

No comments:

Post a Comment