Wednesday, October 20, 2010

McGhee

Workout 20 October 2010:

"McGhee"
Rounds in 30 minutes of:
225 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
13 Push-ups
9 Box jumps, 24 inch box

Results: 14 rounds
Previous best: none

This workout was done at CrossFit Confluence. This was a challenging workout and one of the longer ones I've done in awhile. A true "McGhee" calls for 275lb deadlifts. I was originally going to do 185lbs, but Coach E had me go for 225lbs. That weight proved difficult, especially coming off Monday's workout, but I was able to stick with it the entire time and maintain good form. I was hoping for about 12 rounds, so I'm pleased with 14. My push-up endurance continues to make some improvement, though I did break up the later rounds into two sets of 9-10 and 3-4.

This workout is in honor of Corporal Ryan C. McGhee, who was killed in action on May 13, 2009 by small arms fire during combat in central Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment