Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Diane and Annie

Workout 12 October 2010:

"Diane"
21-15-9 reps of:
185 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups (3/4 ROM)

then

"Annie"
50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of:
Double-unders
Sit-ups (Abmat)

Results:
Diane: 6'55
Annie: 9'40

Previous best:
Diane: 14'06 (200lb, full ROM HSPU, 26 May 08)
Annie: 11'25 (6 Sep 10)

Today's workouts were at CrossFit Confluence. Today was Diane's birthday at the gym, so we did the "Diane" workout in her honor. Afterwards, she chose "Annie" as her birthday bonus workout.

Diane went well but I can't really compare my time today to previous times since I went for speed and shortened my HSPU range of motion by touching the top of my head to an Abmat on the floor compared to my usual forehead to floor. That probably shortened my ROM by 1/4. I also went lighter on the deadlifts since I'm still cautious going heavy for high reps. I'm happy with my time, but want to go for full HSPU next time.

I'm thrilled at my nearly 2-minute improvement in Annie, especially coming off Diane. Most of that time improvement was in the double-unders. I did all of the first 50 in a row and then just tripped up a few times in the remaining rounds. I probably could have had an even better time if my abs weren't already sore from kayaking over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment