Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tabata This

Workout 28 August 2010:

"Tabata This"
Tabata each of the following:
Push-ups
Squats
Sit-ups
Pull-ups

Results: 6+12+9+6=33
Previous best: none

I did today's workout at CrossFit Confluence. Since the scoring for a Tabata workout is based on the fewest number of reps completed in any of the eight Tabata rounds, I held back on the first few rounds so that I wouldn't tire out quickly and end up with a very low rep count on the last round. Overall, my strategy worked, though I could have probably gained another rep on both the push-ups and the pull-ups by saving a rep or two from the first few rounds.

After the workout was over, we then did boys vs girls Tabata team tire flips. The guys flipped a 375lb tire and got a Tabata score of 5. The ladies did 275lb and got 6 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment