Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Isabel

Workout 17 August 2010:

"Isabel"
For time:
Snatch, 30 reps

Results: 9'55 (75lbs)
Previous best: 9'38, 85lb power snatch (28 Nov 08)

I've done Isabel several times in the past subbing power snatches, but this is the first time I've done the workout with true snatches. I went relatively light (a true "Isabel" calls for 135lbs) since I didn't know how quickly I'd fatigue and potentially lose control of the bar. My smallest bumper plates are 25lbs, so until I feel like I'm strong enough to do a 95lb Isabel, I have to go somewhat light since my metal plates might not survive a drop from up to 6 feet. Fortunately, with a bit more practice, 95lbs might not be too far off.

If you can't do a full snatch, substitute power snatches or even hang power snatches. Scale the weight as needed, even opting for a length of PVC pipe or a broom handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment