Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back Squat

Workout 10 August 2010:

Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5

Results: 185-195-205-215-220lbs
Previous best: 185-205-225-235-235lbs (17 Feb 10)

My biceps and brachialis muscles are still very angry from Saturday's workout and they're not quite ready to fully straighten out on their own yet. Hopefully they'll cool down in another day or two. More important, I hope I didn't sustain mild muscle breakdown/loss as I have in the past with Angie. Eventually I'll remember to go easy on the kipping pull-ups after a relative abstinence.

I picked out today's workout since it has minimal arm involvement. I knew I wasn't going to make any PRs today, but at least I nearly matched the weights I used back in March. I probably could have done 225lbs on the last set, but stayed safe by going for 220.

Since the back squat used to be one of my favorite and strongest exercises (prior to my back injury) and now that my back has been behaving for awhile, I'm going to program several of these 5x5 squat workouts into the next two months with the goal of being able to do a 5x5 at 235lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment