Friday, August 13, 2010

Coe

Workout 13 August 2010:

Team "Coe"
As a team*, three rounds for time of:
100 Thrusters, 65lbs
100 Ring push-ups

*All 100 thrusters must be completed before moving on to ring push-ups, etc. Only one team member may be working at a time.

Results: 25'50
Previous best: none

Today's workout was done at CrossFit Confluence. My team included Greg and Courtney. Greg and I did 65lb thrusters and ring push-ups, Courtney did 45lb thrusters and regular push-ups. I went strong until halfway into the second round. After that, my shoulders and triceps fatigued quickly partly from yesterday's heavy shoulder press workout. Overall, I probably did around 1/3 of the total reps, give or take a few. Courtney did an amazing job carrying the team on the final round when Greg and I were about out of steam.

A standard "Coe" workout is ten rounds for time of 10 thrusters (95lbs) and 10 ring-push-ups. I might try it by myself soon (probably 60-65lb thrusters), though it will be tougher without the encouragement of everyone at CFC.

This workout is in honor of Army Sgt. Keith Adam Coe, 30, who died April 27th, 2010, in Khalis, Iraq, of wounds sustained from an enemy explosive device.

No comments:

Post a Comment