Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Coe

Workout 31 August 2010:

"Coe"
Ten rounds for time of:
65 pound Thruster, 10 reps
10 Ring push-ups

Results: 23'24
Previous best: 25'50 ("Team" Coe, 13 Aug 10)

When I last did this workout two weeks ago, I did it as a team effort with two other people where our goal was to do 300 thrusters and 300 ring push-ups. At that time, I did about 100 of each, give or take a few reps.

Today was my first attempt at a solo Coe. I'm very surprised at my time as I expected to finish closer to 25-30 minutes. I was able to do all 10 sets of thrusters unbroken. I did the first four rounds of push-ups unbroken but then finished the others splitting up into six and four reps. Next time, I'll increase the thruster weight to 70-75lbs with the eventual goal of 95lb thrusters used in a non-scaled Coe.

This workout is in honor of Army Sgt. Keith Adam Coe, 30, who died April 27th, 2010, in Khalis, Iraq, of wounds sustained from an enemy explosive device.

No comments:

Post a Comment