Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amanda

Workout 4 August 2010:

"Amanda"
Time for 9-7-5 reps of:
Muscle-up
65lb Snatch

Results: 13'28
Previous best: none

I haven't snatched in awhile and since this workout had a moderate rep-count, I went light with the snatch weight. A true Amanda uses 135lb for the snatch. The muscle-ups went well, though I broke them up into sets of 3-4 reps. The snatches went very well and I probably went a bit too light. Next time, I'll up the weight to 75-85lbs and aim for about the same time. This turned out to be an interesting couplet and I'd like to do it again soon.

If you can't do a muscle-up, or don't have rings, substitute 3-4 pull-ups and dips each for each muscle-up. If you're not familiar with the snatch, either go light (use a PVC pipe or broomstick) or do a light clean and jerk instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment