Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Muay Thai and Weighted Chins

Workout 19 May 2009:

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 30 minutes

Weighted Chin-ups, five sets of five reps

Results: 30-30-30-30-30lbs
Previous best: none

Today's Thai training was not pleasant. My shoulders and quads were rocked from yesterday's inverted burpees. I was having trouble holding up my arms by the end of the half hour. No punch pyramid today. I worked some interesting combos involving punches, knees, and kicks which, although tiring, was a little bit easier than strict punch combos since I was spreading out the work beyond just my shoulders.

The weighted chins went very well, especially in light of the shoulder workout I got from the half hour of Muay Thai. I used a dumbbell held between my ankles. Next time, I will go up to 35lbs.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
Rip on the CrossFit Workout "Cindy:"

"Cindy is a vicious wretched bitch."

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I would have to agree. Cindy is deceptively horrible.

    ReplyDelete