Saturday, May 16, 2009

Muscle-Ups

Workout 16 May 2009:

30 Muscle-Ups for time:

Results: 11'20
Previous best: 12'06 (2 Mar 09)

Every time I do this workout, I creep closer to the 10-minute mark. I probably could have gone a bit faster today, but I was sore from the last few days' workouts and didn't want to get any over-use injuries. I haven't had any epicondylitis in awhile, but why risk it, especially after several workouts that placed a lot of stress on the elbows. At this rate of improvement, I'm pretty sure I can hit 10 minutes next time.

If you can't do muscle-ups or don't have rings, substitute by doing two, three, or four (depending on ability) pull-ups and dips for each muscle-up.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
On bending the arms in the deadlift:

"Bent elbows just absolutely suck."

No comments:

Post a Comment