Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DT

Workout 13 May 2009:

"DT"
Five rounds for time of:
95 pound Deadlift, 12 reps
95 pound Hang power clean, 9 reps
95 pound Push jerk, 6 reps

Results: 14'26
Previous best: none

This workout is actually designed to be done at a heavier weight, but since each of the three exercises could potentially blow out my back again, I backed off on the weight. Besides, by round three or four, even 95lbs starts to feel very heavy. I'm pleased with how this workout went; I was aiming for a time less than 15 minutes. I could have gone faster, but I scaled my intensity slightly as an additional protective factor for my back. Once I'm completely healthy, I should be able to take this workout up to 115-125lbs with the eventual goal of reaching 155lbs.

After completing "DT" I decided to enter the pull-up contest my gym was hosting today. The pull-ups had to be completely strict, chin above the bar, full lock out at bottom with a brief pause. You could use any grip; I chose a supinated (chin-up) grip. It's been a very long time since I've done max rep strict chin-ups, but I was able to get 16. That put me in second place behind someone who did 27. I did not witness that and I'm very suspicious about it.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
On drinking two gallons of milk per day:

"...but you would be shitting primarily cheese. Are you ready for this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment