Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sprints and Pull-Ups

Workout 2 May 2009:

Rounds in 20 minutes of:
Run 400 meters
Max rep pull-ups

Results: 6 total rounds, 101 pull-ups
Previous best: 5.5 rounds, 97 pull-ups (5 Dec 08)

I forgot how much I hate this workout. As a whole, it went well and I improved slightly over last time. However, my number of pull-up reps per round were lower than last time. I did 101 pull-ups in six rounds today compared to 97 in five rounds back in December. I think the biggest factor contributing to this was using a different pull-up bar from last time. The one I used today has a smaller diameter and is smoother, which makes it harder to grip. The next time I do this workout, it will be interesting to compare since I now have done it on the two different pull-up bars my gym has available.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"CrossFit has the potential to change the popular cultural perception of what exercise actually means over the next decade, and I will watch with delight as selectorized leg machines are melted down into more useful items like re-bar and manhole covers."

No comments:

Post a Comment