Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Muay Thai and Dips

Workout 26 May 2009:

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 30 minutes

Weighted Dips, five sets of five reps

Results: Dips 50-50-50-50-50lbs
Previous best: 45-45-45-45-45lbs (12 May 09)

I intended to do a shoulder press workout yesterday but was still very sore from Saturday's SDHP and Ring Dip workout, so I had to make up for it today. The Muay Thai session was exhausting, and combined plenty of punch drills with knee and low-kick work. The final drill of the training session was supposed to be a heavy 2-3 minute round, but I forced myself to go four minutes non-stop. Tomorrow should be fun since I have an hour Muay Thai class!

I was very pleased with the weighted dip 5x5 at 50lbs, especially after Thai. I'm pretty sure I should be able to go up to 55lbs next time.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment