Friday, May 15, 2009

Angie

Workout 15 May 2009:

"Angie"
For time:
100 Pull-ups then
100 Push-ups then
100 Sit-ups (Abmat) then
100 Squats

Results: 30'31
Previous best: 27'30 (24 Jan 09)

I knew going in to today's workout that I would not have a very fast time; I was actually aiming for 30 minutes or less, so I'm slightly disappointed I did the workout in just over 30 minutes. The biggest factor in today's time was doing the sit-ups on my Abmat. I've always done "Angie" in the past with standard sit-ups, feet anchored. As mentioned previously, the Abmat extends the range of motion you go through with your sit-up and makes them more difficult, but also more effective. I probably spent about two extra minutes on sit-ups because of this.

The pull-ups and push-ups were also a bit more difficult since not only was I sore from the previous two workouts, but I was also dealing with the effects of a tetanus shot on Wednesday. I had actually planned to do this workout yesterday, but woke up with my right deltoid paralyzed, which is a rare reaction to the TDaP vaccine. Although the paralysis didn't last long, it quickly turned into a lot of pain associated with raising my arm. It was better this morning, but still a bit painful, and it undoubtedly affected my time.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
Responding to a question about the utility of neutral/hammer grip chins:

"I think that it doesn't matter that much, but that since I'm a gym owner and I'm supposed to have Big Arms, I'll keep doing my supine chins. Have you ever seen my huge arms? They are very impressive. "

No comments:

Post a Comment