Saturday, March 21, 2009

Turkish Get Ups

Workout 21 March 2009:

As many turkish get ups (24kg kettlebell) as possible in 20 minutes, alternating arms

Results: 18
Previous best: 32 with 16kg kettlebell (15 Feb 09)

Today's results were better than I was expecting. Given my lack of heavy lifting and the uncooperative back over the last week and a half, I was expecting to barely press out 16 TGUs. My form certainaly was not as good as when I use the 16kg kettlebell, but that will come as I improve my static shoulder strength and core stability using the heavier weight.

If you don't have a kettlebell, TGUs can be done with a dumbbell. Alternately, if you're not willing to try this movement out, do a 5x5 set of heavy push presses.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
A guy asks if a hack squat is useful since his college does not have any squat racks.

"I recommend that you change colleges."

No comments:

Post a Comment