Monday, March 23, 2009

Barbara

Workout 23 March 2009:

Barbara (3 rounds)
Three rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats
Rest 3 minutes between each round

Results: 6'46 / 7'19 / 6'35
Previous best: 5'06 / 5'29 / 6'39 / 6'07 (4 rounds, 21 Jan 08)

The rapid-fire sit-ups and squats started to bug my back by the second round, so I decided I'd stop after three rounds. Since I was going to skip the last round, I decided to pull all the stops on round three and finished that round with a great time. Adding to today's difficulty compared to my previous best were substituting the more difficult ring pull-ups for regular kipping pull-ups and doing sit-ups on the AbMat.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in [with me]."

No comments:

Post a Comment