Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bench and Thai

Workout 11 March 2009:

Bench press 5 sets of 5 reps, 175lbs

Results: All reps completed without failure
Previous best: 5x5 at 170lbs (8 Feb 09)

Today's benches went well. I am approaching the limit of what I know I can safely do alone, though I did work out with a partner today. Next time when I go for 180, I'll need to make sure I have a spotter. As always, never bench press alone unless you are 100% sure you can do all the reps, and even then, it's never a great idea to bench without a spotter.

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 60 minutes

Today was a bit more conditioning focused which worked out well for me since my back is still partly out of commission after yesterday's cleans. I didn't do any work on kicks, and did some light knees. I'll probably take an extra rest day tomorrow.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
On resting between reps in a set:

"It varies with the length of the set. Fives or fewer get a breath to reset. Longer sets might take two breaths. During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you."

No comments:

Post a Comment