Sunday, March 8, 2009

Deads and Muay Thai

Workout 8 March 2009:

Deadlift 7 sets of 1 rep

Results: 305-315-320-325-325-330-330lbs
Previous best: 255-275-295-315-330-340-350lbs (5 Mar 08)

I felt off today and knew right at the beginning that I wasn't going to be able to match my previous best, or even the 345 I pulled two weeks ago. So, instead of trying to beat my max pull, I decided to start much heavier and make smaller adjustments between reps. Looking at today's results another way, I lifted more weight total, 2250lbs vs 2160lbs. A small victory, but next time, I'm going for a new max PR.

Muay Thai training and conditioning, 60 minutes

On top of feeling off this morning, the deads further drained me. Although I still got in a good workout, I didn't go as hard as usual. Good news is that my hip flexibility continues to improve.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"I was driving home the other night, listening to the radio, and the guy filling in for Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM was talking to some other guy about Nazis, UFOs, the Kennedy Assassination, time travel, and George Bush, and how it all relates to OneWorldGovernment. This, of course, made me think about barbell training..."

No comments:

Post a Comment