Monday, March 30, 2009

Bench

Workout 30 March 2009:

Bench Press 5 sets of 5 reps at 170lbs

Results: All reps completed without failure
Previous best: 5x5 at 175lbs (13 Mar 09)

Going along with the common theme of taking it easy on my back, I did the only heavy lift that doesn't significantly involve the lower back. I also took 5lbs off from my previous best. The weight moved well, so I could easily have done another 5x5 at 175, but I don't want to re-injure my back again. One more week without heavy lifts then I should be ready to ease back in.

Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day:
"My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment