Saturday, February 28, 2009

Elizabeth

Workout 28 February 2009:

Elizabeth*
21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 115lbs
Ring dips

Results: 18'10
Previous best: 23'12, 110lb cleans (20 Dec 07)

While a five-minute improvement is great, I have to take into account that I did a different kind of dip from last time. Previously, I did a standard ring dip. Today, I switched over to doing kipping ring-dips since they allow you to do the same amount of work in a fast time, thereby increasing power output. When doing kipping dips, you use your hip flexors and extensors to explode upwards in addition to just your chest, triceps, and lats. This obviously played a big role in decreasing my time on the workout, but I doubt it accounts for more than a 1-2 minute gain. We'll see what kind of improvement I have next time; I plan to use 120lbs for the cleans.

*A true Elizabeth is done with a clean weight of 135lbs; I'm working up to that.

And now, a new feature:
The Mark Rippetoe Quote of the Day

"The less strength you have, the more important it is to have more."

No comments:

Post a Comment