Monday, February 2, 2009

Pull-Ups

Workout 2 February 2009

10 round for time of:
3 Weighted pull-ups, 25lb dumbbell held in ankles
7 Kipping pull-ups

Results: 21'55
Previous Best: none

This was a new workout and I've never done anything similar, so I had no goal time. Initially, all pull-ups were with an overhand grip. From round four onward, I used an underhand grip (chin-up) for the weighted pull-ups. For the first 3 rounds, I was able to do all 10 pull-ups in one set, without coming off the bar and just dropping the weight after the first three reps. After the third round, I partitioned the pull-ups so that I did the three weighted, then rested, then did the 7 kipping. Next time, I might add in a few strict (normal) pull-ups between the weighted and kipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment