Friday, February 27, 2009

Squats


Workout 27 February 2009:

Back Squat, 5 sets of 5 reps, 220lbs

Previous best: 5x5 at 215lbs (18 Jan 09)

All the squats went well today and although they felt heavy, I was able to push the final rep on each set without too much fear of failure. I probably could have done sets of 225lbs but was working out at home without the benefit of a squat cage. Although I do know how to properly bail from a failed squat attempt, I don't want to risk breaking my weights by dropping them from more than a foot or two off the ground, so I did a weight that I was pretty sure I could do without any failures. Next time, I will go for 225lbs, cage or not.

Again, these are full-depth squats where the goal is to touch your butt to the back of your ankles. No partial-depth cheating!

No comments:

Post a Comment